Happy Teller Appreciation Week!
This year’s Teller Appreciation Week is October 3-7. In celebration, we would like to thank our tellers for all the hard work they do for our customers! Our front-line couldn’t operate without them, they are essential to our business.
So, what does a teller do? They wear many hats! A teller by definition “provides service to customers and their accounts, cross-sells bank products, and complies with bank operations.”
Duties of a teller:
- Cash checks
- Make deposits, withdrawals, transfers
- Issue negotiable items (cashier’s checks, travel cards, MasterCard Gift Cards, etc.)
- Collect payments
- Conduct change orders
- Referrals to other departments (loans, trust services, mortgages, lending, etc.)
- Redeem Savings Bonds
- Balance the vault, cash drawers, ATMs
- Detect and stop fraudulent transactions
- Identify counterfeit bills and checks
- Resolving customer issues
- AND MORE!
Did you know that many well-known public figures started their career as a teller before they became famous? Those include Whoopi Goldberg, Ray Romano, and John Legend. Stay tuned this week as we celebrate Teller Appreciation Week by featuring our “famous” tellers at each of our locations! We appreciate each one of them!
If you are interested in joining our First Citizens team, please CLICK HERE to learn more and apply online today!