Online Banking Users: We have updated our online banking login. When you click the "Online Banking" button in the upper right corner, there is no longer a pop-up window. It now links directly to our login landing page instead.
For Your Peace of Mind
We want to help keep your identity and money safe.
Latest Fraud & Scam Information
We want to help keep you informed of the latest fraud and scams.
Security Products/Services We Offer
ID TheftSmart Credit Monitoring Service
Guard your most precious asset -- your identity! Monitor your credit file and receive notifications.
ID Theft Aid with BaZing Checking
Protect and restore your identity and payment cards with a BaZing or BaZing Plus Checking Account.
Lost or Stolen Debit Card
Let us know immediately if your First Citizens debit card has been lost or stolen.
Brella for Your FCB Debit Card
Protect your First Citizens debit card by enrolling in Brella today!
ID Navigator for your FCB Credit Card
Check your eligibility and sign up today!
MyCard Mobile for Your FCB Credit Card
Manage your FCB credit card from anywhere, at any time.
Helpful Online Tools
National Do Not Call (DNC) Registry
You can register your home or mobile phone for free to help reduce the number of unwanted calls you receive.
DMAchoice | Do Not Mail
Reduce promotional mail offers from companies or organizations you don’t have a business relationship with.
Free Annual Credit Report
Reviewing your credit report can help you catch signs of identity theft early.
This will opt a consumer out of unwanted solicitations for five years at no cost. It does usually take one to two weeks for it to take effect.
AARP Watchdog Alerts
Sign up for biweekly Watchdog Alerts to have news on the latest scams delivered right to your inbox.
Scams & Fraud Resources | Banzai Financial Literacy
Security Resources Online
Stay Safe Online & on Mobile Devices
The National Cyber Security Alliance aims to make the internet safer and more secure.
MasterCard® ID Theft Protection™
Help prevent identity theft by securing your personal information.
AARP Scams & Fraud
The AARP Fraud Watch Network has real-world tips and tools to help protect you and your loved ones.
Cybersecurity for Small Business
Knowing some cybersecurity basics and putting them in practice will help you protect your business.
Online Security Tips
To help ensure security when you are online, here are some tips:
- First Citizens will NEVER ask you for any personal information when calling or emailing you (including usernames, passwords, or other electronic banking credentials)
- Choose a hard-to-guess username and password that mixes upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
- Change your passwords at least every 90 days
- Keep your usernames and passwords safe (don’t write them down on a notebook right by your computer)
- Have a firewall in place when purchasing items online
- Log off the system when you are finished with your transaction (instead of only “X”ing out of the page or closing it)
- If you have a wireless router make sure it is configured to use strong encryption and that the default “sign-in” has been changed.
- Be suspicious of any email with urgent requests for financial information. Don’t agree to deposit a check from someone you don’t know and then wire money back no matter how convincing the story.
- Don’t use the links in an email, instant message, or chat to get to any web page if you suspect the message might not be authentic or you don’t know the sender or username. Type the address into the web page directly.
- Don’t respond to email messages that ask for personal financial information, whether the message comes as an email, phone call, text message or ad. You should only communicate information such as credit card numbers or account information via a secure website or a phone call that you’ve initiated to a legitimate business.
- Consider installing a web browser tool bar to help protect you from known fraudulent websites. These toolbars match where you are going online with lists of known phisher web sites and will alert you. Earthlink ScamBlocker is part of a browser toolbar that is FREE to all internet users.
- Regularly log into your online accounts. Check your bank, credit and debit card statements to ensure that all transactions are legitimate.
- Report “phishing” or “spoofed” emails to www.ic3.gov and when forwarding spoofed messages, always include the entire original email with its original header information intact.