Need more in-depth help with Online Banking?
Getting around Online Banking has been simplified with your most common tasks grouped together under tab menus located near the top of the page. Selecting a tab either launches an application or opens a menu with options that can be selected. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with where the options you use most are now located.
Q: What browser should I use?
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
If you are not using one of the supported browsers listed above, you may encounter issues within your online banking experience. We recommend switching to one of the supported browsers listed above in order to ensure you have an optimal Online Banking experience.
Q: What’s on the home page?
The Online Banking home page is designed to help you complete your everyday money management tasks quickly and easily from one place. In fact, we've brought together the tools needed to perform your most common daily tasks without ever leaving the page. You can easily:
- Check all of your account balances at once
- Take a quick peek at your most recent transactions
- Make a one-time or a scheduled recurring transfer between your accounts
- Schedule a one-time bill payment
- See where you are spending your money
So instead of switching between multiple pages, you can take action right there on one page to complete several basic functions. We hope you will think of it as your money management control panel.
- The My Accounts section shows up-to-the-minute balance information on your deposit, loan, and investment accounts, as well as options to make a transfer, make a payment or view your spending trends.
- Move Money - You can transfer funds between your accounts using the Make a Transfer feature on the Home Page or from the Transfer / Move Money navigation button.
- Additional Services – Here you’ll access your eStatements, reorder checks, set up SMS test message banking, set up alerts, request a stop payment, easily switch to your Cetera or Accutrust account, or our uOpen site to open a First Citizens account.
- Manage Money allows you to see a complete, holistic picture of your finances. More information can be found on the Money Management FAQ sheet.
Q: Where do I find my transactions?
The Accounts section in the upper left area has all of your accounts categorized by type (Deposit, Savings, Loans, etc.) with the current balance and available balance for each account. Within each category group the accounts are listed in alphabetical order by name either the original account name or the account nickname that you assigned.
Your first Deposit account is displayed at the top of the list and shows the current balance and available balance. The Total Accounts value is displayed at the bottom of each account section. NOTE: Joint accounts display both the username and account number to better identify which user is on the account.
In the upper-right portion of Accounts you will find the Transfer icon and link that enables you to make a one-time or scheduled recurring transfer between your accounts and much more. To view the most recent activity for any account, click the Quick Peek link. Clicking Quick Peek opens a new window that shows the most recent transactions or payment activity for the account along with links to Transfer and Go to account history.
Q: Where do I find my detailed account history?
Just click the account name link that you want to open the Account History page for. The page will open with transaction details for your default date range. You can also click on the Go to account history link in the Quick Peek window to directly access the Account History page.
We hope that you will take a few moments to try all the buttons and links to see what the Account History page can do. It still has the transactions for all of your accounts and loans. In the upper left of the page you will see the account name with the last four digits of the account identifier. Next to the account name and number there's a Change Account link that lets you quickly switch from your primary account to another account.
Below the account name you'll find the current date range for the transaction list (for example, previous 10 days) and you can use the left and right buttons next to the date range to go forward or backwards in time to explore adjacent transactions. You can also switch to another time period using the date range dropdown.
Above date range you will see the Transfer button that opens the Move Money window where you can make a one-time or scheduled recurring transfer between your accounts. You can also make a loan payment within this screen.
To the right of Transfer you will find the Online Statements button and link. Click this link to view and print your electronic statements. Here you can also choose to enroll in eStatements. For more information about eStatements, click here.
To the right of Online Statements you will find the Export button and link. When selected it opens an Export window that enables you to export your transactions. Choose the file type that best suits your needs.
To the right of the Export link you will find the Print button and link that open a new window with the transactions presented in a print-friendly format. Hint: Before you hit the “Print” button, choose the date range you wish to print, and that selection will become printer-friendly. At the upper right of the page you will find balance information displayed for that account (e.g., Balance and Available Balance).
Just below the Transfer, Export and Print links is a field to search for specific transaction types (check, deposit, etc.), payees/business name, check numbers or amounts. The system will refresh the page with anything that matches your search criteria within the selected date range. If no results are returned, you will have the option to widen the search range of dates. See "Find Transactions" and "Filtering Transactions" below for additional information.
On the Account History page you can:
- View transactions for all of your available accounts
- Change the date range to view additional transactions
- Change the default date range that is used
- Change the transaction sort order and make it the default
- Search for transactions, payees or amounts
- Print out transactions for a selected date range
- Export transactions for a selected date range
- Make a one-time or recurring transfer between your available accounts
The account transactions area is located on the left side of the screen and takes up most of the page. This is where you can see the most recent account activity sorted by date with your most recent transactions at the top.
You can also access older transactions for that account using the forward/backward buttons to go forward or backward in time. You can also change the date range using the date range dropdown list.
Each transaction shows the most relevant information for the type of account that's selected. For example, a checking account might display date, description, deposit, withdrawal, and balance.
Each check you’ve written will display the image of the physical check when you choose the drop down arrow next to the icon of a check. You can then print a copy of that check from this screen.
Account History Page Access
As you might imagine, there are several ways to get to the Account History page.
From the Home Page:
- Account Name - Click the blue account name to open the Account History page with transactions for that account.
- Quick Peek - Within the Quick Peek overlay just click the Go to Account History link at the bottom of the display to open the Account History page with recent transactions for that account.
Select a Different Account
To switch from viewing your primary account, just click the drop-down arrow next to the name of the account to open a list of your active accounts. The current account is highlighted on the list but just click on a different account name to select it. When a selection is made the page refreshes with the transactions for the new account.
The transaction list shows your most recent transactions in descending order by date for the date range displayed. The transaction description appears on the first line along with other relevant information (e.g., amount and balance). If the transaction is a check, you can click the check icon to see the front and back of the check image.
You may have noticed the Transfer button and link above the transaction list. Just click the button to open the Move Money window.
Just below the Transfer, Export and Print links you'll find a Narrow by items containing field that allows you to filter your search for a specific item or group of items by entering key words in the field. You can use numbers, letters, or a combination of the two (e.g., Target, 25.00, #1234, etc.).
The system will return all of the results that match the key word(s) for the selected date range in the transaction's list located just below the filter field. For example, entering 'Chev' in the field returned results for Chevron.
The system combs through the Description, Deposit and Withdrawal columns based on the selected date range and displays any matching values. If no matches were found, you can try expanding the date range.
To use filtering:
- First make sure that you have the date range that you want to search (month, 10 days, 30 days or custom date range).
- Enter the specific value that you are looking for in the Narrow by items containing field. (The page will refresh again to show only the matching items.)
- If the system could not find any match, you'll have the option to change time frames or delete your search criteria to start over.
- If you still weren't able to locate the item you want, consider adjusting the date range further and try again.
Q: Where do I find the details about my account?
The account details window is displayed below the account name and shows applicable interest rate information, and in the case of a loan, the monthly payment amount.
Q: How do I rename, change the order, or hide my accounts?
You have the ability to change account descriptions (nicknames) for easier recognition. With this feature, you may also elect not to display selected accounts. On the main screen, hit the Settings cog in the burgundy Accounts bar. Account Preferences displays all accounts you have on Online Banking. If you are missing any accounts, please contact a Personal Banker at any location.
Here you can reorder your accounts and assign easy-to-remember nicknames. To change the order of your accounts, simply click the icon to the left of the account name and drag it up or down.
Hiding a Displayed Account:
- In the Account Preferences screen, unselect the Show account check box option next to that account and the account name will no longer be seen within Online Banking.
- Changes are automatically saved.
Q: How do I make a transfer?
In the Move Money menu, select the Make A Transfer button to make a one-time transfer or to schedule a recurring transfer between your accounts.
Just enter the amount, select the transfer To and From accounts and add a memo (optional), then click the Transfer button and confirm the transfer details and you're done. Transactions now post immediately when you complete a transfer. This means that we will automatically refresh the page (to get the new account balances) when you close the transfers success window.
The Transfer option is used for one-time and scheduled recurring transactions - transfer funds or make a loan payment. Under the Move Money section you can also make External Transfers. Click here for help regarding External Funds Transfer or click here for help regarding PopMoney.
Q: How do I schedule a transfer?
This feature allows you to transfer amounts at scheduled times between your accounts. Under the Move Money heading choose Make a transfer. You can set the date of the transfer, the frequency of the transfers, the amount to be transferred, the From account, the To account and account numbers. To make a scheduled recurring transfer, simply check the Repeat Transfer box.
After a one-time transfer or a final recurring transfer has processed, it will be deleted and will no longer appear on the View Scheduled Transfers page. Completed transfers can still be found within the Account History page.
Note: A status column may appear on the summary screen indicating whether a scheduled transfer is "Scheduled", "Processed", or "Not Transferred". If a transaction did not successfully transfer, then you can click on the "Not Transferred" link for that transaction and the failed transfer error message will appear indicating the reason for the failed transfer.
To view scheduled transfers
- Click the View Scheduled Transfers option under the Move Money section, and the Scheduled Transfers screen appears. This screen displays all current scheduled transfers.
To add a scheduled transfer
- Check the Repeat transfer option from the Move Money page and choose the frequency of your transfer (once, every week, every 2 weeks, twice a month, every month, once every 3 months, once every 6 months, or every year).
- Enter the amount to transfer.
- Select the account from which the amount will be debited using the From Account drop-down list. Select the account to which the amount will be deposited using the To Account drop-down list.
- Enter the Start Date in the field provided. A calendar icon located alongside the start date fields is provided to assist you. Simply click on this icon to view the current month calendar. Calendar months may be changed by clicking the forward or backward arrows.
- Using the day and date drop-down lists, choose the day and the date for the transfer to occur. Please note that we do not allow the start date to be today's date for a scheduled transfer. If you require a transfer to be conducted today, please conduct a one-time transfer within the Account Transfer feature.
Scheduled Transfer Calendar
The Scheduled Transfer Calendar is provided to assist you in determining payment transfer start and end dates. Simply click on the calendar icon. You may select the month by using the (>) forward or (<) backward buttons.
Today's date is seen highlighted and payment selected dates are highlighted in green. Clicking the date causes all date information (month, date, year) to be added to the Scheduled Transfer start or end date fields. Scheduled Transfers cannot be scheduled for dates earlier than today's date.
Scheduled Transfer Confirmation
The Confirm Scheduled Transfer screen displays the details of the scheduled transfer that was just entered. Please be aware that if a specific number of transfers was input on the entry screen, the Number of Transfers field will be displayed. If an End Date was entered or selected, the End Date field will be displayed. If the No End Date button was selected, the text "No end date" will be displayed in the End Date field.
Failed Transfer Messages
The following reasons may account for a scheduled transfer not to process:
- FROM : account may be overdrawn
- TO:/FROM : account may not allow transfers
- Transfer amount exceeds the amount allowed
If a transfer fails to process, an email message will be sent to you if you have your email address enabled within Online Banking.
Q: How do I pay my bills?
If you are already using Bill Pay in Online Banking, you can schedule a one-time payment using the Bill Pay widget. If you are not yet a Bill Pay user, the Make a Payment section will display a message about paying bills online. Just click the Go to payments link below the message to go to the Bill Pay enrollment page.
Bill Pay has its own built in help system. Please click the Bill Pay tab and click on the Get Help button in the I want to… section. Click here for Bill Pay FAQs.
Q: How can I make a loan payment?
To make a loan payment using Move Money:
- Click the Pay link to open the Move Money window
- Select the From account from the drop-down list (the Available dollar amount will be displayed)
- Select the To account from the drop-down list (the Balance amount will be displayed)
- Enter the Amount to be paid.
- If loan overpayment options such as Principal Only are available, there will be additional options.
- Enter brief Memo text (if available)
- Click the Make Transfer button to complete the payment and display the payment details
- Click Make another transfer to make another transfer or payment, click Print confirmation to print out the payment details, or click Close to close the Move Money window
Q: What does Quick Peek do?
Clicking Quick Peek opens a new window that shows the balance and available balance along with the most recent transactions or payment activity for that account. High transaction volume accounts (like Checking) will show up to 15 transactions. Low volume accounts (like loans) will show 30 days of account activity. You will also find helpful links to Make a Transfer and Go to account history at the bottom of the window.
Just click the X button on the top right or anywhere outside of the window to close it. Go to account history link opens the Account History page for that account.
For all loan accounts you will see the balance, next payment amount, a Pay now link (to make the loan payment), interest paid for the current and previous years, recent payments made, and a link to the account history page. Clicking the Pay now link will open the Move money window so you can complete the payment.
For all credit card accounts you will see the balance, next payment minimum amount due, a Pay now link (to make the credit card payment), interest paid for the current and previous years, recent purchases made, and a link to the account history page. Clicking the Pay now link will open the Move money window so you can complete the payment.
Q: What is Money Management?
See all of your accounts, including those from other financial institutions, all in one place! Plus, you can easily track your spending, set budgets, set goals, and much more. For more detailed information try Money Management out for yourself! Click here for Money Management FAQs.
Q: Can I export my transactions?
You can now export your transactions from the Account History page. Multiple export file type formats are available. Transaction export is available for all accounts and will extract all transactions within the selected date range.
NOTE: If no transactions are available for an account within the selected date range, the Export button will be grayed out (disabled) and cannot be selected.
Q: Can I print off my transactions?
In the upper-right portion of the transaction history list, you will also find a Print icon and link that, when selected, opens a new window with the transactions presented in a printer-friendly format. The transactions that are printed match the same date range of the transactions that are displayed on the page. The standard browser Print window opens over the transaction list and gives you the option to select another printer (if needed). Clicking the Print button sends the transaction list to the printer.
Click the check icon to view the check image. With the check image open, click the Print icon in the upper right hand corner. The front and back of the check are displayed and the standard browser Print window opens over the check images. You can select another printer (if needed), then click the Print button to send the check images to the printer.
Q: How do I view my check images?
First go to the My Accounts area and find the account you're looking for. Click the account name link to open the Account History page for that account. Whenever you have a check transaction in the list it will be displayed as an active link if the check image is available. Simply click the link to view images of the front and back of the check. Click the Close button at the bottom of the window when you are finished.
Q: How do I request a stop payment?
Stop Payment allows you to initiate a stop payment on a check.
- Click the Online Stop Payment option in the Additional Services menu.
- Include the check number, the amount, the payee (who the check was written to) and the reason for the stop payment.
- Click Submit. A stop payment confirmation screen appears
- Click Confirm
Q: Where do I find my CD Maturity Date?
You will be able to see the Maturity Date of your CD in the account bar without having to access the account details. It is displayed as "Matures on MM/DD/YYYY".
Q: How do I change the way I view my account history?
You can change the date range by selecting your desired date range from the date range dropdown list. To make the new range your default date range, simply choose your preferred amount. The system will default to that amount each time you log in, and can be changed at any time. The options that can be used to set the date range are: 10 day, 30 day, or monthly increments. NOTE: Custom date ranges are not allowed as a default.
Temporarily Changing the Date Range
You can use the handy left and right buttons to go forward or backwards in time to explore adjacent transactions. Or to select a different date range just click on the date range dropdown and select another time period.
Use a Custom Date Range
To enter a custom date range, click the From calendar icon and use the < > controls to navigate to the month you want and click on the date you want. Repeat those steps for the To calendar icon and click the Go button to display transactions for the new date range.
Q: How do I change the default sort order of my account history?
By default your sort order is date descending (meaning that the most recent transactions are at the top). If you would like to change the default sort order, click the arrow to reverse the sort to date ascending (oldest transactions at the top) and your preference will automatically be saved. NOTE: Saving your default sort order only applies to the Date column.
If you want to change the sort order just click on another column header, except for the Balance column which cannot be sorted. NOTE: If the sort order of any column is changed (other than Date), the Balance column will not be displayed.
Q: Where can I change my Online Banking settings?
Just like the name suggests, My Settings contains account identification information like your username, email address and security phone numbers. You also have the ability to update the fields within this section. My Settings includes:
- Personal information - This is where we display the name registered to the account as well as your masked user id. Your contact information will also displayed.
- Login & Security - This is your Online Banking username, password and delivery methods for receiving your verification codes
- Other settings - Alerts & Notifications and Text message banking.
Q: How do I update my personal information?
To find your information, click on My Settings in the top right of the page. Contact information such as your address, telephone number, and email address will be displayed.
Your contact information is where we will communicate your account-related information to you.
This feature allows you to add or change the email address used by Online Banking. You may be required to confirm the new email address entered. Please note that a number of Online Banking Services, such as updating your password and login security information, rely on your email address as a method of confirming account changes and requests.
To change your email address:
- Click on the Edit link.
- Enter your new email address.
- Click Change E-mail Address to update your email address record. A confirmation message is displayed
This feature allows you to add or change the email address used by Online Banking. Please note that a number of Online Banking services, such as Update Password and Update Security Options Requests, rely on your email address as a method of confirming account changes and requests.
Q: How do I update my security information?
These security measures have been implemented to improve your Online Banking security. The login security uses a verification code to authenticate yourself via email, text message and/or a voice call to ensure that it's you trying to access your Online Banking accounts. The options on how to receive your verification codes are provided during the login security setup.
Q: What is Login Security?
Login Security is an online security feature that provides an additional layer of protection from fraud and identity theft by preventing unauthorized access to your secure financial information. Login Security uses technology to verify your identity.
Q: Why do I need to use Login Security?
Login Security allows us to recognize you as the true owner of your account by recognizing not only your login information but also your computer. If we don't recognize your computer, you will be requested to receive a new verification code sent to your phone either via email, text or voice call in order to authenticate yourself into the Online Banking experience.
Q: Do I have to receive a verification code every time I log in?
In order to bypass the verification code on subsequent logins, you can select to remember your device upon logging in so that we recognize your device the next time you log in and not require you to complete this step again.
Q: Can I login from multiple computers and browsers?
Yes you can, we support most of the commonly used browsers. If you log in from a public computer, you will have to use a verification code to gain access.
Q: Can I still login to my account from anywhere?
Yes, this feature does not prevent you from logging in from any computer. If we do not recognize the computer that you are using then we will simply ask for additional information that only you know (a verification code) before allowing you access to Online Banking.
To edit these settings, click on My Settings find the Edit button in the security options section and update the contact methods that you would like to use.
You can add a new phone number by typing in a new value in the field or you can delete an existing number by clicking the Remove (X) icon (if there is more than one phone added). To update an existing number, you can remove it and add the correct value by putting that in the field.
Once a phone has been added, it can be enabled for Text Message by clicking Enable for text. When you click that link, you'll receive a text message on your phone with the verification code. You can type in that verification code in the field and click confirm. Your phone is now enrolled for receiving verification codes through text message. If you no longer wish to receive text messages on a phone, remove the phone (if you have more than one phones added) using the Remove (X) icon and add the number back by typing it in the field.
Q: How do I update my username or password?
You can change your username in the My Settings. Click the Update username link and enter a new username that matches the username guidelines described below, then enter your current password and click Save to change your Online Banking username.
- Must be at least six characters long and no longer than 20 characters
- Cannot be all numbers (can be all letters or characters)
- Can contain letters, numbers and the following characters: @$*_-=.!~
- Cannot contain any whitespace (spaces are not allowed: including before, in the middle of, or after the username)
Upon successful entry, an email will be sent to the email address that is on file within Online Banking. This change will take place immediately and be recognized across the Online Banking system.
Changing your password couldn't be easier. Just click the My Settings tab at the top right of the page and then click Edit in the Password section. Enter your current password, then the new password and confirm the new password in the fields provided. When everything looks good to you, click the Save to change your password.
- Must be at least six characters long and no longer than 32 characters
- Must contain characters from at least two of the following three categories:
- Any special characters
- Cannot contain any whitespace (spaces are not allowed: including before, in the middle of, or after the password)
- Passwords are case sensitive
Like all passwords, it is important to keep your Online Banking password confidential. If you forget your password, you can use the Forgotten Password feature by clicking on the link where you log into Online Banking. Or, you can contact us to receive a new one.
Also, for increased security, periodic password changes may be imposed by us. If you are required to change your password you will be prompted to do so when you log in to your Online Banking session. When this occurs, you will receive a warning message when logging in that your password will soon expire.